Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Monday, July 2, 2012

DEVOTION: "Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:"(Isaiah 29:13)

   "Wherefore the Lord said,  Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:"(Isaiah 29:13)


"All talk and no heart". Isaiah preached to a group of people that are very much like some church people today. The one thing about human nature is it's dependable to keep doing the same thing over and over, generation after generation. I thank God for the wonderful people that serve faithfully in their churches every week, service after service, you are faithful to ensure that another service has been successful. A successful church service is one that enables people to grow in spirit and exposes others to the gospel of Christ. A successful church service is one that exalts Christ through worship and the Word of God. Unfortunately, in the midst of all churches there are people that appear to be taking a part but when it comes down to the wire and the real work begins, they are MIA. They talk much about how much they love Jesus, especially if they are in a momentary spotlight, but with their hearts they really don't serve Him, they are serving their own ego. When it comes time to invest some sweat equity, they are unavailable, no where to be found. The Christian experience is a lifetime journey that begins by meeting Jesus Christ and getting saved. Once you know Jesus, hopefully, you become part of a local church that preaches Jesus Christ on a weekly basis."  "For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake."(2 Corinthians 4:5)  When church becomes about us doing God a favor by being there with our "I'm wonderful" philosophy, such was the case in Isaiah's day, worship had deteriorated  to this status. Here is what God had to say about it;     "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats."(Isaiah 1:11) God asked them, Why are you even coming and what's the point? Worship is a matter of the heart that may or may not involve your mouth, but it will ALWAYS  involve a pure heart.   "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."(Matthew 5:8)


Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please join Scott Boatner Ministries International team and share with your friends. God's Blessing's to You!!

No comments: