Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Thursday, July 19, 2012

DEVOTION: "My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee."(Proverbs 3:1-2)


"My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:  For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee."(Proverbs 3:1-2)

"add to thee"   If we keep the commandments of God's Word with our hearts, it will have a tremendous effect on our lives. These verses refer to the time we spend here on earth and how much better they will be if we keep the commandments of God. If you study the definition of all three promises given here you'll find that it is a reference to the time and quality of our time on earth. I would certainly like to enjoy my stay here instead of endure it as most people do. It seems to be just a rat race of stress mess for most people. If we get in the word it will get in us and increase the quality of our life. The word "peace" means safe, well and happy. I don't know about you but I like the sound of safe, well and happy. To be protected from harm, healed of infirmities and happy on top of that, is the way to live!!  Most Christians are so filled with gloom, doom and hopelessness that they think that to be happy, healed and protected is sinful. You are automatically depressed and despondent by human nature which is what the devil wants for you but God wants us blessed. These two verses in proverbs are very clear about what God wants for your life here on earth. If this way of thinking is new for you, that's ok, change is not wrong.   "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind ;"( Ephesians 4:23) Growth and change are not wrong but rather it's normal. If your child didn't ever grow you'd think something was wrong and take your baby to the Dr. But if we change or grow in Christ, we've been taught that we are doing something wrong.  We must grow in grace to fulfill the will of God in our lives.   "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."(Romans 12:2) The renewing of our thinking will cause us to grow in Christ and know the will of God for our lives. If we get in the word it will add peace, quality and days to our lives. The world is filled with chaos, pain, depression, religious drama and no hope of it ever getting better.  The word "add" means to continue or increase. So I say pile it on, Jesus!! My plans are to "keep" the commandments and have Blessing's added to my days here on earth.  I have a copy of the Bible in my hands, scripture memorized in my mind and His promises hid in my heart so I say, "I AM BLESSED"!!! Join me today, confess with your mouth that you are blessed and let’s speak blessings on me another. God is about to ROCK our world!!!

Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please join Scott Boatner Ministries International team and share with your friends. God's Blessings to You!!

No comments: