Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Monday, June 18, 2012

DEVOTION: "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."(Philippians 3:12)


"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."(Philippians 3:12)

"True Colors" When Paul wrote this letter, he had been saved 30 years. He was very open about the fact that God was still working on him. He plainly states that he's not perfect but he's following after the Lord. He says he's been apprehended by Jesus but he hasn't got it all apprehended yet. We are all human and our buttons can still be pushed, even though we are the most spiritual person that we know. We are talented and gifted at one thing but first thing you know, because of your "greatness" at one thing, you assume that you are just flat out wonderful in every way. "NOT"!!! As a preacher of the word, a pastor, spiritual leader, etc.., it's part of my "job" to read people. It is my job to inspire you to go farther, to be better and to fulfill your purpose for God. A few people are aware that they are on a journey and use the sermons that the Lord gives me as road maps for their journey of faith. However, some are wonderful in EVERY way and like staying where they are, they don’t like the challenge of doing more, giving more and being more, so eventually one of the sermons will push their buttons. That special button that's “ off limits", when it gets pushed their mouths open and out come words that usually sting someone near by! It could be someone that loves you and has always been there for you, no matter what, but they have still pushed the button. Before you show your true colors, consider who or what has pushed your button. They may have your best interest at heart! "He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls."(Proverbs 25:28). True colors can be embarrassing and damage your Christian testimony, so it's best to keep them to yourself. Just talk to Jesus and He will re-paint the dark rooms of your life!! If you can't get control of your wonderful life, it will come crashing down. Don't allow your "off limits areas" to ruin how wonderful you really are. At the risk of sounding secular, I'll quote a rock song from days gone by, "Your gonna go far"!! Stay the Course, remove all the walls in your life and allow those that LOVE you to come INTO your life!
Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please join Scott Boatner Ministries International team and share with your friends. God Bless

No comments: