Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Thursday, August 9, 2012

DEVOTION: "The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad."(Psalm 126:3)

"The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad."(Psalm 126:3)

"We are Glad" The blessings of God make us glad!! Truly the Lord has done great things for all of us, the many ways He has blessed us are countless.
Is there anyone that doesn't want God to bless them, I say no!!  Is everyone thankful for their Blessing's? Probably not, we often take so many of our blessings for granted. I think we in America are so accustomed to the Blessings and Goodness of God that we often take them for granted. I personally, would like to train my spirit to be more conscious of God's blessings that I just take for granted every day. I would like to develop an attitude of gratitude that is constant not just when I experience an unusual blessing. The Bible says that the "joy of the of the Lord is our strength". (Nehemiah 8:10)  The conclusion I've arrived at after reading these two verses is that if I'm aware of God's Blessings and I'm joyous over His blessing then I'm strong. As a Preacher of  30 years I'm concerned about the church at large growing weak from its many trials.  I'm also concerned that we've taken our blessings for granted, not intentionally, but have just slowly gotten used to them.   We need to consciously be aware of how much God has blessed us and be thankful on purpose. In order to retain the joy of the Lord in our lives we must be aware of all the good things He has done for us. When we become aware on a regular basis, we will experience His joy on a regular basis and the joy of the Lord will bring us strength. I don't know about you but I could use all the joy and strength from God I can get,  24/7.  "The Lord has done great things for us", this is a fact that we need to be very aware of each and every  day, regardless of what kind of day we are experiencing. God is good, His goodness brings us joy and His joy is our strength.  Let's just connect the dots from God doing great things for us all the way to His strength in our daily lives. God has been good to us so let's be thankful and He will make us strong!!

Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please join Scott Boatner Ministries International team and share with your friends. God's Blessings to You!!

No comments: