Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Thursday, August 30, 2012

DEVOTION: "And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;"(Isaiah 49:2)

"And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;"(Isaiah 49:2)

"Sharp Swords". A sword is a weapon of war that is used in close hand to hand combat. In the real world,  we spend most of our warfare on the defensive side of the war. The fight in us doesn't rise up until we are attacked and then we are on the defense. Isaiah makes it clear that we are a weapon in the hands of God. We should become more aware that we need to be an offensive weapon because our enemy never changes. I know the things he throws at us are different to get us off of our game but he is the same enemy that we have been fighting for centuries.   We need  to train our minds to be aware that we can be offensive everyday by simply speaking the Word of God, the Sword of God!!
" and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"(Ephesians 6:17b)
When you rise each day, make the devil aware that you are on the move, war-ready and have no FEAR!!   "And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled;"(Judges 7:22). We are warriors in the army of God, we need to blow our trumpets and flash our swords in the face of the enemy every morning. Let's put him on the run for a change, let's act like God's children and put the devil under our feet.   "Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet."(Psalm 91:13)
Isaiah says that God has us "hid" which means that God has us covered, in a secret place, protected in His quiver, in His hand!!  We are empowered by the Holy Spirit, He indwells us and is available 24/7 to function on our behalf to make us winners, wise to the actions of the enemy.  Let's get off the bench, into the game and make something happen that makes our life better for the Glory of God.   "I have pursued mine enemies,  and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed. I have wounded them that they were not able to rise:  they are fallen under my feet."(Psalm 18:37-38). GAME OVER!!!


Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please join Scott Boatner Ministries International team and share with your friends. God's Blessings to You!!

No comments: