Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DEVOTION: "And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.(Genesis 2:22)

"man and women" Today Ms. Kari and I have been married 31 years. We got married in the church where I was raised. It is a classic, typical, American country church. Our wedding was on August 15th on a Saturday at 3:00 pm. In Mississippi, USA in August, it's hot and the humility is off the charts!! About 15 minutes prior to the wedding the electricity went off, the sun was beaming down and not a cloud in the sky. The windows had been permanently closed and A/C had been installed which had the church barely comfortable on this very hot Saturday afternoon. Then the electricity went off, by wedding time, the flowers were wilting, candles beginning to fold over and we were sweltering. My dad, Brother Lavon Boatner, performed the ceremony and we had a great but hot wedding. Please keep reading, its gets better! We get in our car, a mustang that was barely a year old, wouldn't crank. At this point we have no choice but to go on our honeymoon in my 15 year old brother's hunting/fishing truck. (Thx Brother!) It was as you might imagine what a 15 year old's hunting/fishing truck would look like, the doors wouldn't lock, camper shell on the back! Oh, did I say red-we don't care-neck!! So here we go down the highway, happy as could be, we stopped at Howard Johnson's in Hattiesburg, Ms-USA to spend our first night of wedded bliss.

The next morning I woke up by the side of my gorgeous bride and realized that I was married, with a responsibility that I could never have imagined. I'm not sure all the reasons but the knowledge of this new responsibility seemed to give me an adrenalin rush. Out of the 31 years I've not always been able to give her all the things she deserves for following me around all these years. (God Bless Her!) There have been years when I could give her more than I ever thought possible, all Glory to God!! Everything God created in the Garden creates or produces something. We have two wonderful sons, they have been blessed with awesome wives and have given us three precious grandsons! I love you Kari M. Boatner. Thank You for saying yes.







Pastor Scott L. Boatner

Please join Scott Boatner Ministries International team and share with your friends. God's Blessings to You!!

No comments: