Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Monday, April 2, 2012

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."(Luke 23:34)

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."(Luke 23:34)

"Father, Forgive Them". While Jesus hung on the Cross, He asked God to forgive us. I've been studying the Bible for a long time and I can't quite understand why He did it. Sure I've read every verse in the Bible about His love and forgiveness but I still don't know why He chose to do such a thing. As Jesus hung on the Cross bleeding to death, He prayed for the liars that put Him there, the men that drove the nails and all of us that have been or ever will be. I will do my best to explain forgiveness to you, without it, you will never find peace. Forgiveness is as big as eternity and as practical as every breath we take. Eternal Forgiveness has to do with the day you met or will meet Jesus by Faith. When Jesus Christ becomes your Savior by believing what the Bible has to say about salvation, you are forgiven and nothing can change that eternal righteousness because it is secured "By the Blood of Jesus" at the Throne of God. "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."(Ephesians 2:13) The Blood of Jesus washes our sins away, as far as east from the west, which results in you being born again which means that your dead spirit has been made alive. "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;"(Ephesians 2:13) We are new in Christ Jesus, never to be the same again, eternally forgiven! Bro Scott, what if I have committed sins since I met Jesus? "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."(1 John 2:1-2)
Please pay close attention to certain words like "My little children" and "ours", John is writing to born again believers that have committed sins since being saved and in this passage he explains how to deal with those sins. The peace of knowing that you have eternal forgiveness and can have daily forgiveness all at the same time is beyond my comprehension. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you need to call Jesus by name and ask Him to forgive you, He's waiting on you. It starts today, right now in this instant.
He's waiting on you to call His Name.

Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please share

No comments: