Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Friday, May 4, 2012

"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."(Matthew 10:39)

"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."(Matthew 10:39) "loseth his life". I've preached on this verse many times in the thirty years of my ministry but until I landed in remote India I had no idea what it meant. When we landed at our last airport, the runway was so short that the pilot had to sit it down so close to the end of the runway that dust flew up and then apply the brakes to the maximum to get it stopped. As we made our way off the very hot aircraft onto the Tarmac to get our bags I said to myself, "Scotty Boatner, What are you doing?". We made our way to greet Pastor Joshua Paul, His Mother, Pastor John and our driver whose name was Raja. If you like maniac driving, you would love India because it's the wildest I've ever seen and I've been in several countries but nothing compares to this part of India. It's the wildest driving I've ever seen, we only ran directly over one man, I think. Some of you have been to Jamaica on vacation, trust me this place was Jamaica, times a thousand, on steroids. In order to show us they had American food our host, Pastor Josh Paul took us down a very crowded street to a restaurant to feed us chicken and rice. I was told by friends of mine that briefed me on how to get in and out of India, that if my native Pastor got nervous it was time for me to get nervous, well 15 minutes on the ground and here we are! (We were not aware that we would be so deep in the darkness of a land that time has forgotten) I could feel the darkness so heavy you could hardly breathe!! I've been traveling all my life but never in a situation like this; at my 12 o'clock were 2 very evil men, at my 2 o'clock were 3 more, at my 4 o'clock were 3 more and the waiters looked through us each time they brought us something. The first thing I did was to make my faithful companion, Daniel Sharp aware of our overwhelming situation, he instantly surveyed the room and agreed we had to move quickly, well that was easier said than done. Then a FEAR came that I had never felt before in my life, I could die right here for the sake of the Gospel!!! Was I willing to die for my faith, was I willing to die for Jesus or was I just 30 years worth of hot air American Christianity? I hope you never have to ask yourself those questions, they are hard. That Wednesday afternoon in a cafe in a forgotten land I answered those questions for myself, drew my line in the sand and made my stand! In just a few moments which seemed like eternity I forgot about myself and only thought of my family, safely in America. I fought back the tears, sat up straight, stared in the devil's eyes and said goodbye to this world. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. My hat is off to all of the Christians around the world that face this type demonic intimidation every day, May God Bless you, You are my Heroes!!!! We walked out of that building confidently and safely. We were there for 7 days and saw no police or any type of security at all but God kept us safe and sound! Praise The Lord!!! Pastor Scott L. Boatner Please Share

No comments: