Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him."(Job 13:15)

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him."(Job 13:15)

"Yet will I trust Him". The verse for today is a heavy statement of Faith spoken by Job during his darkest hour. Job, by his own admission, had limited knowledge of the way God deals with His people. So out of that limited Revelation, Job spoke many things that seem to confuse some people today.
"Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him?"(Job 26:14) Its very obvious that the devil was at work trying to destroy Job but Job and his very super spiritual friends thought God was out to get Job. This verse will let you understand Job's theological view of God's dealings with mankind. "And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."(Job 1:21) Ofcourse, all of God's word is true but Job over thought the "taketh away part" because if you read more than the first three chapters, you'll find that Job began to re-think some of his thoughts about God. "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."(Job 42:5-6) Yes, this is the same wonderful man you read about in chapter one, you should read the whole book before you draw conclusions on your trials. People are constantly asking me "Why do bad things happen to good people?" Most believe the myth that we've been taught, that we just don't know. The Bible is filled with reasons why things happen, you will need to actually read the Bible to find them. Fear is the reason for Job's trouble. Is your relationship with God, fear based or faith based? "For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me."(Job 3:25)
The high cost of a fear based relationship, fear opens the doors and windows of your life to all sort of things. " ...so the curse causeless shall not come."(Proverbs 26:2b). Solomon says that everything has a reason, we are not just wandering around in some fog with God playing tricks on us. For now, just Trust Him!!!

Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please Share

No comments: