Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit: And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."(Amos 7:14-15)

"Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit: And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."(Amos 7:14-15)

"No One Special" Amos was a herdman picking fruit, minding his own business, when God called his name. What a day that must have been? Has God talked to you lately? Many times in the bible we read the phrase " To Him that hath ears, let Him hear", are your Spiritual ears poised to hear God's voice when He speaks to you? He's not looking for wonderful people to call for His service in the Last Days Outpouring of His Spirit, just willing people. Are you willing, in the day of His Power? Amos listened, saw and spoke the message that God put in his heart for the people, a people that were so blessed, they were blind. (Revalation chapters 2&3) I've noticed a trend in some of the church community over the years of my ministry that kind of goes like this; When some people are down and out they come to church every service, praying, crying and all up in love with Jesus! But just as soon as the church family prays the stress mess off their backs, they start to come around less. After a while they don't come at all, they just drift off to sleep in the arms of their comfort zone. Hello comfort zone, there will be another stress mess that you will need your God and your church family to bail you out of, write it down, it will happen. "Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel."(Amos 4:12)
If you live on this earth long enough, you will require, the Mercy of God to sustain your life. The bible is very clear about the source of all our blessings, please don't forget. You may say, Preacher, I'm not special like Amos so I have trouble staying on fire and faithful to the task God has for me. Amos was just like you and me, nothing special, but the presence of God in his life made him who he was, it defined him. What defines who you are, who's writing your story? Are you and God controlling your life or is someone or something controlling it that doesn't have your best interest at heart? It's time we, like Amos, get real about the fact that we are not celebrities but servants of the Most High God. He makes us who we are, He makes what we do work and function to the fulfillment of His purpose in our life. There are no big I's and little You's, just humble farmers serving an awesome God.

Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please Share

No comments: