Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

‎"Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh."(Proverbs 3:25

‎"Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh."(Proverbs 3:25)

"Sudden Fear" The words "sudden fear" have the idea of fast and without warning. Sometimes things come at us so fast we don't have time to fully comprehend all that's going on, but our emotional man can respond instantaneously. Today, my wife, Kari and I were blessed with our third grandson, John Scott Boatner!! Let me go back almost 30 years and connect the dots of life so I can show you how wonderful today is and how awesome our God is. In August our oldest son, Matthew, will be 30 and our youngest son Micah, will be 25. My wife was in the hospitial for 13 days with Matthew and 10 days with Micah, very traumatizing, but we have two wonderful sons. Our first grandson, William, will be 4 in July and our second grandson, Joseph, will be one in September. Both of our grandsons had surgery, William on his thumbs and Joseph had a knot removed that had us very concerned for several weeks. We were told that it might be brain fluid outside the skull and that's enough said!!! So here we are today at the hospitial awaiting John Scott Boatner's arrival and we are counting centimeter's with all of our friends and family. I get a text from my son, Matthew, that's he should be born any moment. The excitement and anticipation is so thick you can cut it with a knife!! Then all of a sudden, THINGS CHANGE, in an instant we go from rejoicing to praying. John Scott got something in his airway and is having trouble breathing and the respiratory team goes into action to get him breathing properly. It only lasted 11 minutes but it seemed like an eternity. But thank God for His grace, it didn't take 11 seconds and I was talking to my Heavenly Father. I mentioned His Son's name, Jesus and there He was with peace that passes understanding. "Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am."(Isaiah 58:9)
As our emotions are beginning to subside my heart goes out to all the people that my wife and I minister to, that will face a "sudden fear" today or in the near future. Believe this, God is always right there with you, He will never leave you nor forsake you. I'm so Blessed to know that the Holy Spirit is our Comforter and that Jesus Christ is King of Kings!!! No matter what you are facing, He is always there. Today is a good day, John Scott, we welcome you to the family.



Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please Share

No comments: