Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. "(1 Peter 3:9)

"Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. "(1 Peter 3:9)


"A Blessing". We, the community of faith, should be aware of the truth that God has Blessed us that we may be a Blessing. So, Pastor Scott, are you saying that I have to give all my Blessings away? Absolutely not, enjoy your life and every Blessing that God has placed in your life. "Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;"(1 Timothy 6:17) Solomon said that there is nothing better than that a man enjoy the fruit or Blessing of his labour. "There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God."(Ecc. 2:24). Yes, God wants us to enjoy our lives to the fullest but while we are enjoying we must remember others. God's original intent was for us to be a Blessing to other people, even when we are hurt or mistreated by them. Jesus says to Bless those that curse us, vengeance is the Lord's. Now if I go visit my neighbor and he hits me with a hammer every time we visit, trust me, our visits will be limited. Lol! We are to overcome evil with good, do not return evil for evil, let God handle those that hurt you. "Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."(Romans 12:20-21). If Christians practiced their Christianity, the world would be a better place. As a Preacher, I get to observe human behavior up close and personal. I see a lot of things that disturb me. One of the things that disturbs me the most is when people get so used to their Blessings that they forget where they came from and who they were before they were Blessed. Is the church so Blessed that it has forgotten its purpose? Do we "OVER-PROTECT" ourselves from the lesser people so we are sure not to get our hands dirty. According to the verse for today, we must be a Blessing to receive our Blessing. You want to be Blessed, be a Blessing.

Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please Share

No comments: