Yes, E-Notify me of new videos! Here's my email address...

Email Address:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Thursday, September 6, 2012

DEVOTION: "Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went."(John 6:21)

 "Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at the land whither they went."(John 6:21)

"Willingly Received Him". The disciples found themselves in a storm at sea and it was horrific!! I have been in some severe weather at sea and believe me, it is not fun! I've been caught in several storms on inland waterways, camping in tents on vacations and most recently on my Harley Davidson!!  It doesn't matter if you are one of those that doesn't have a great deal of fear in your mind of bad weather, it can get so bad that even the strong start falling by the wayside.  It was very dark but they could see someone walking toward them on the waves, in the midst of the strong winds and they were afraid!! Fear consumed them, as it plagued Job many years ago.  "For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me."(Job 3:25). Fear opens our heart for negative things to come flooding in and our faith to go pouring out!  They were looking straight at Jesus and were afraid because they didn't even recognize Him.  As a Preacher, I observe people running from the work and voice of God in their lives because they are afraid of the "Voice that Thunders". His voice does shake our worlds but it can also shake the storms out of your life. If the raw, uncut voice of power scares you and you run from it to a calmer place in life, I've got a surprise for you, that power that scares you, you'll need it to stand against this storm. Do you want to face it alone? I don't, so I'm willingly inviting him into my boat, I want to hear Him say "Peace, Be Still".    "And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder:"(Revelation 14:2) The voice of God scared Moses' church, so they came up with the brilliant idea to tell Moses that they didn't want to hear His voice anymore. BAD PLAN!!! They never heard His voice again.   "And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed,  and stood afar off.  And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear:  but let not God speak with us, lest we die."(Exodus 20:18-19).   Please don't drown in the storms of life without ever hearing Jesus say, "It is I; be not afraid."(John 6:20)


Pastor Scott L. Boatner
Please join Scott Boatner Ministries International team and share with your friends. God's Blessings to You!!

No comments: